10 Things To Do During Earth Hour
1. Gather family & friends for a night picnic
2. Dine in one of the many Earth Hour participating restaurants by candlelight
3. Organize a family night playing board games
4. Throw an Earth Hour street party with your neighbors
5. Arrange a house party lit by torches
6. Take the dog for a night walk
7. Hand write a letter to loved one by lantern
8. Sit in the dark and share stories
9. Read a book using a book light
10. Share a romantic night in with your loved one
I wish I could do the last one.
Dining in the dark somehow reminds me with my experience with friends one year ago having dinner in Blind Cafe, Bandung – Indonesia. They offer meal package: drink, main course and desert with Rp 50,000 each person. All the belongings are put in locker, then go upstairs to enter the dining room leaded by a blind-guide. There are 3 waiters served us, 1 blind guy and others wearing laser glasses or something to be able to look in the dark. So we really eat in the dark. What an experience. We should be grateful to have all senses in our body. But the foods are not hilarious (but not bad either), so I think I won’t come back again, just wanted to try the sensation once.
Well for tonight, it looks like I will do Tweet-Up with my twitter friends somewhere in Orchard road at that hour (so all electronic-wares in my room will be switched off :P). I am not sure the eating place we are heading to will participate in this event or not, but some landmarks there will join the darkness: Wheelock Place, Paragon Shopping Centre and Wisma Atria. Will see.