Skip to content

Lost in Life

Happy Ied! I just got back from long holiday in my hometown.

It started on September 8th. I still went to work on that day since my flight was at 7.10 PM. I had brought all my baggages to the office, I planned to go directly from office to airport by taxi at 5 PM at the latest. Around 4.45 PM, I approached my boss to report my task (and ask permission to go) but suddenly we had a long discussion and I could not dare to stop it (well, he’s the boss!). I was so panic “I’m gonna be late!” but fortunately around 5.15 PM, my boss remembered to ask “what time is your flight?” Me: “Errr.. 7.10 PM”. Boss: “Huh? Why are you still here, go go!” Phewww.. thanks a lot, Boss! 😀

I ordered taxi via phone and waited at the front gate. Still waiting, I called the customer service to ask why my taxi hadn’t come yet. She then tried to call the driver with no avail “the line is busy, Ma’am. But the GPS showing he’s already around that street”. Apparently the driver was trying to call me (to tell me that he had arrived, but at the other gate), but my phone was busy calling customer service who’s calling the driver who’s calling me….

I arrived in Polonia Airport Medan around 7.30 PM local time. Dad had been waiting for me there. It was so nice of him to pick me up to Medan. My hometown is about 8 hours drive from Medan. So he went to Medan by bus at day for 8 hours, then (together with me) took bus again at night, on the same day, for 6 hours! Thanks and sorry Dad, you must had been very tired.

Trip at night was faster than the day due to less traffic. The bus I took, named Kurnia, was quite nice. For such a long trip, they provide pillow and blanket for each seat. I think that bus was even better than Mekong Express bus I took between Ho Chi Minh City and Siem Reap.

Arrived in Lhokseumawe Aceh around 4.30 AM, the town (or should I say village? :P) was still quiet. We took Becak Motor (motor-tricycle) from bus station to our house. It was so nice to feel the fresh air of early morning on my face!

There, as usual, the agenda was visiting grandma and many families, sleeping a lot, eating everything and playing with siblings. Practically no substantial things to do in that small town. We once went to a secluded river in the middle of nowhere where no signal of mobile phone. We had a picnic there and, of course, jumped into the river happily.

Ten refreshing days have gone by, now it’s time to be back to reality.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.